Thursday, March 13, 2014

Where to start?

Literally, most of us are running an endless race every day!   Yes, we do want to lead a peaceful life.  Who would say "No" to that.  But "how" is a beautiful question.   I truly believe in God, the supreme power who if we surrender we would definitely be put on the path of peace.  You name your God.   It does'nt matter.  You will see unbelievable changes in your own way of life before and after this switch.

First,  start listening to the stories of God.  Stories are quite simple and not abstract.  They are interesting.
You can choose the teacher, no one is forcing you.  

I was introduced to the preachings of Sri Velukudi swamigal at first when I went with my brother on a drive.  Seriously, I could'nt follow.  It was on a continuous pace.  Later, I realized how intelligent he must be to give such a great delivery.   I started listening to him now and then.   They were quite fascinating.  I wanted to give my undivided attn..  Where do we get that?  I used to listen to music while working out in the gym.   I felt that is the best time to put something good on my head.  It did work.   My brother got me his recordings on Ramayana, Vidhura nithi, bagavatham.   In one of those renderings, he himself says that we should listen to them again and again. I do that.  To a normal human mind like me, listening anything once would'nt make any difference.  I am still understanding all the principles that the orator wants to convey.

Next, my mom introduced me to Visaka hari's renderings.  You start listening to them, it makes you want to listen more and more!  

With all these listenings, I am still correcting a lot on the course of this fast paced modern lifestyle.

Do not wait for someone to knock at your door and say 'Start Now'.  We don't need to wait till we are 60 to become devotional.  The earlier you start, it is better for all.    Our wants will reduce.  We will adopt the simplicity and try to find peace in whatever we do!

Happy Reading!  More to come on these topics. Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment